Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescued animal. We are excited to assist you in your search for a new best friend and furry family member.
Sometimes finding time to walk the dog or clean the litterbox seems like one more task to cram into your busy day. But it's so worth it, here’s why:
- Just being around an animal decreases your blood pressure. It’s true! Doctor Dog anyone?!
- Our pets decrease our reactions to stressful situations. No more stress about that big work project – just look at your pup and you’ll be on the way to rest and relaxation.
- Pet owners on average get more exercise. Who need the gym when you can be at the park with your pup?!
- They make us laugh! They do always say that laughter is the best medicine!
If you are interested in adopting through Ruff Start Rescue please review the general Criteria for Adoption below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.
Please read the list below of general requirements for adopting families. We do understand each situation is unique and that no two adopters are the same so please don’t be discouraged if you feel you may not “meet” one of the criteria listed below.
- Applicants must 18 or older
- Applications should be filled out completely.
- Dogs should not be left crated for more than 8 hours. If you have plans for a dog-walker or additional caretaker during your time spent away from home, please note that in your application.
- If you have a current pet, we ask that they be up to date on vaccinations for the safety of both them and the adopted animal.
- We ask that your resident animals be spayed/neutered. Animal overpopulation is a real problem and is something we see day in and day out in our rescue work. There are already so many unwanted stray animals in need of rescue and we do not want to contribute to the problem if we can prevent it. We do however understand there may be medical reasons for your resident animal not being altered and that is something you can discuss with the Placement Coordinator once your application is submitted.
- If renting, please be sure you are aware of any breed restrictions, requirements for number of animals, or any other special pet related rules your landlord may have regarding having a dog or cat in your home. If you live in an association please also be aware of any breed or weight restrictions that may be applicable.
- All applicants must be willing to receive a home inspection and meet and greet prior to adoption.
- If you have a current pet, we would like them to meet your potential new pet before an adoption is finalized. We know that sometimes not all animals get along and we want to set your resident animal and potential adopted animal up for success and long term friendship!
- We know that life happens and things can come up unexpectedly. If for any reason you are unable to keep your adopted pet we ask that you return the animal to Ruff Start Rescue.
Thank you for your interest in adopting one of our animals! Click here to complete an adoption application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com